Types Of Massage We Offer
To make you happy, we offer several different types of massage. Choose your desired way to relax and let us know what you chose when you are scheduling your St.Croix massage.
- Swedish Massage: This is the most common type of St.Croix massage. The therapist uses long smooth strokes (efflaurage), kneading and circular movements on the superficial layers of muscle. If this is your first massage then this is a good one to try.
- Hot Stone Massage: Heated, smooth stones are placed on points of the body to warm and loosen tight muscles. The therapist then massages with the warm stones, promoting a relaxing, comforting feeling. The ultimate in St.Croix massage relaxation!
- Deep Tissue Massage: This massage targets the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue. The therapist uses slower strokes or friction techniques. Deep tissue is good for chronically tight or painful muscles, repetitive strain, or recovery from injury.
- Sports Massage: Sports massage is designed for people who are involved in physical activity. The focus is in getting rid of any aches and pains you may have from your sport, and will help to enhance athletic performance.
- Pregnancy Massage: Also called prenatal massage, this type of massage is becoming increasingly popular with expectant mothers. The therapist uses cushions to position and support the woman's body during the massage, and promotes a feeling of well being through the gentle massage.
- Structural Integration: Often called Rolfing, this form of bodywork is done in a series of 10 sessions, but you can try just one. It is a deep bodywork working on a few areas of the body each time. The goal is to rid the person of chronic aches and pains, promote a straighter posture, and completely unwind and relax the body.
- Reflexology: Reflexology is much more than a foot massage. It involves applying pressure to certain points in the foot which pertain to the whole body. Reflexology is also great for people who stand on their feet all day or just have tired, achy feet.
- Couples Massage: Two massage tables in the same room equals double the relaxation.