St. Croix's Premier Spa
Tropical Therapy is your premier St.Croix spa in the Virgin Islands. Our spa offers a full assortment of massage, hot stone therapy, facials, as well as reflexology, rolfing and microdermabrasion.
Our spa consists of eight different soothing and calming treatment rooms. Combining our professional experience and soothing music, you will emerge from your treatment a new person: fresh, calm and relaxed.
Our St.Croix spa only uses therapists which are U.S. nationally certified, licensed, and have been extensively trained in their fields. It's no wonder then that our clients voted us Best Massage in the Virgin Islands in the 2009, 2010 and 2015 Daily News awards. And in 2014, our clients took it even further and voted us best in 3 categories: Best St.Croix Spa, Best St.Croix Facial and Best St.Croix Microdermabrasion!
Tropical Therapy is located in the Gallows Bay shopping district, less than 5 minutes from downtown Christiansted. One of the many great things about pleasant Gallows Bay is that finding a place to park is never an issue.
As our clients are highly loyal and regularly book their appointments weeks in advance, we strongly encourage to call now to make your appointment.
Types Of Massage We Offer
To make you happy, we offer several different types of massage. Choose your desired way to relax and let us know what you chose when you are scheduling your St.Croix massage.
- Swedish Massage: This is the most common type of St.Croix massage. The therapist uses long smooth strokes (efflaurage), kneading and circular movements on the superficial layers of muscle. If this is your first massage then this is a good one to try.
- Hot Stone Massage: Heated, smooth stones are placed on points of the body to warm and loosen tight muscles. The therapist then massages with the warm stones, promoting a relaxing, comforting feeling. The ultimate in St.Croix massage relaxation!
- Deep Tissue Massage: This massage targets the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue. The therapist uses slower strokes or friction techniques. Deep tissue is good for chronically tight or painful muscles, repetitive strain, or recovery from injury.
- Sports Massage: Sports massage is designed for people who are involved in physical activity. The focus is in getting rid of any aches and pains you may have from your sport, and will help to enhance athletic performance.
- Pregnancy Massage: Also called prenatal massage, this type of massage is becoming increasingly popular with expectant mothers. The therapist uses cushions to position and support the woman's body during the massage, and promotes a feeling of well being through the gentle massage.
- Structural Integration: Often called Rolfing, this form of bodywork is done in a series of 10 sessions, but you can try just one. It is a deep bodywork working on a few areas of the body each time. The goal is to rid the person of chronic aches and pains, promote a straighter posture, and completely unwind and relax the body.
- Reflexology: Reflexology is much more than a foot massage. It involves applying pressure to certain points in the foot which pertain to the whole body. Reflexology is also great for people who stand on their feet all day or just have tired, achy feet.
- Couples Massage: Two massage tables in the same room equals double the relaxation.
Whether this is your first facial or you have had many facials on St.Croix, we will make you look many years younger. Using a mix of our professional experience, industry leading Dermalogica products and Face Mapping skin analysis, your skin will feel brand new.
First we analyze your skin using our Face Mapping technology. This allows us to determine any special attention we need to place on your on your skin. And we can then chose the proper protocol for your skin
We then begin to carefully steam your face. The purpose of the steam is to open up the pores of the skin. Meanwhile, you are relaxing with your included neck and shoulder massage.
Next we look for any blackheads, whiteheads or blemishes and gently remove them from the pore. If we are using a glycolic or lactic acid peel, we would usually apply the product prior to this to the reduce sensitivity of the peel.
If microdermabrasion is being done during your facial, this is when we would begin to use the machine.
Up until now, our main goal has been to fully cleanse your precious skin through a variety of techniques. Now the luxurious part of the facial comes in! Using soothing creams, we massage your face with industry leading Dermalogica products specifically formulated on your skin.
Now, it's time for your mask. Due to our careful analysis and extensive experience, you receive a mask specifially formulated for you. In addition to our large selection of masks to make your skin look years younger, we also have acne masks for teen-agers, peel-off masks for sun-damaged skin, and a firming mask to lift and tighten your skin.
As the facial comes to end, we will gently wake you from your relaxed state. Looking into the mirror, you will be so happy at how much younger and fresher your skin looks.
Types of St.Croix facials Tropical Therapy offers:
- Teen facial
- Acne skin facials
- Dry skin facials
- Anti-Aging facials
- Rosacea facials
- Dermalogica Bioactive Peels
- Male Facials
Call us now to book your St.Croix facial and experience why we we've been voted The Best St.Croix Facial.
Our Waxing Services
At St. Croix's premier spa, we use cream wax which heats up at a lower temperature for client comfort. Most everyone prefers this over the usual honey wax. It is especially good for sensitive skin. We offer waxing for eyebrows, lip , chin and other facial hair. We also wax arm, back, legs and the bikini area. We do not offer Brazilian waxing.